Version 2.12f Release Notes (Windows Only)
Release Date: 5/5/2011
- Fixed an issue that caused Pixie to stop responding or quit unexpectedly during movie export.
Version 2.12 Release Notes
Release Date: 10/7/2010
- Fixed an issue that caused horizontal lines (noise) to appear on some images.
- Fixed an issue that caused folders in the Library to display multiple icons.
Version 2.11 Release Notes
Release Date: 6/23/2010
- Full French and Canadian English support.
- Sound: Fixed an issue where recording sound with QuickTime 7.6.6 could cause Pixie to quit.
- Export: Modified video settings to ensure that Pixie movies work with QuickTime X on OS X.
Version 2.1 Release Notes
Release Date: 2/25/2010
Windows only: Updated to provide full compatibility with Windows 7.
Release Date: 3/10/2009
- Installation: Added Java fonts to work around an OS X issue where fonts do not load on some 10.4 managed workstations.
- Interface: Added support for small-screen (1024x600) mini notebooks.
- Interface: Modified keyboard focus rules. Clicking toolbar buttons no longer moves keyboard focus to the toolbar.
- Localization: Added French clipart and interface localization.
- Paint Brush: Changed the minimum size to 3x3 pixels to ensure flood fills work as expected.
- Printing: Modified printing to eliminate dark borders around erased or smudged areas.
- Sound: Modified the default quality setting for recorded audio. The new default setting is "medium".
- Text: Added padding to text objects to make the cursor easier to see.
- Client management: Fixed an issue to allow specifying the root level of a mapped drive in Tech4Learning.ini
- Launch: Fixed a bug that could prevent Pixie from launching on Windows computers using third-party text-to-speech voices.
- Paste: Fixed a bug that interfered with pasting from one document to another.
- Performance: Fixed a bug that could prevent users from stopping a search in the Stickers.
- Performance: Fixed a bug that could disable the Home button in the Stickers panel after clicking the camera icon.
- Print: Fixed a Macintosh-specific bug that could cause one sticker to be substituted for another during printing.
- Selection: Fixed issues with the selection tool that could cause parts of the background to be erased.
- Sound: Fixed a bug that could prevent sound from recording on some Macintosh systems.
- Spell Check: Fixed an issue that caused some extended characters to display incorrectly during spell check.
- Error: Fixed an issue that caused a "file could not be replaced" warning during export on workgroup-managed Macintosh clients.
- Error: Fixed an issue that could cause errors to be displayed for users with extensive iTunes libraries.
Version 2.05 Release Notes (Macintosh Only)
Release Date: 9/30/2008
- Addressed an alignment issue introduced with Apple's Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 2 on September 24, 2008.
Version 2.04 Release Notes
Release Date: 9/8/2008
- Dramatically improved print quality on Mac OS.
- Numerous proxy changes, including reintroduction of proxy preferences.
- Addressed an issue where the spray can and roller tools might not work with some input devices.
Version 2.03 Release Notes
Release Date: 5/15/2008
- Proxy: Removed the Proxy preference on Windows and now proxy information is auto-detected.
- Save as Activity: Changed the default save location to My Activities.
- Tool Tips: Added additional tool tips to items in the Picture Viewer and Batch Converter dialogs.
- DV Camera: Changed the encoding of captured images from PNG to JPG to reduce file size.
- Flash Export: Added a warning for imported WAV files that are at a sampling rate not supported by Flash.
- Clear Recent: Fixed a bug that could cause the Clear Recent contextual menu to do nothing.
- Preferences: Fixed a bug that could display library.mypictures in the program preferences on Linux.
- Performance: Fixed a bug that could cause Pixie to be unresponsive for a few seconds after the Pixie window displays.
- Performance: Fixed a bug that could cause the Paint Brush to fall behind when painting multiple strokes in succession.
- Sound: Fixed a bug that could cause multiple background sounds to play at the same time.
- Localization: Fixed a bug that would cause the Whiteboard toolbar to not update after changing languages in the preferences.
- Pixie 1 Documents: Fixed a bug that could cause Pixie 1 documents to display incorrectly when opened.
- Open Dialog: Fixed a bug that could cause the Browse button in the Open dialog to do nothing in OSX 10.3.9.
- Memory: Fixed a bug that was causing memory not to be released between documents.
- Added Directories: Fixed a bug that could cause directories added to the Library or File Chooser to display twice.
- Crash: Fixed a bug that could cause the program to become unresponsive when changing export modes in Share.
- Themes: Fixed a bug that could cause online themes to not display when using a proxy server.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error at launch.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when exiting the slide show.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error adding a background image.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when saving in Share mode.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when printing.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when opening a file.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when launching on Windows Vista 64-bit.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when choosing a contextual menu while using the Paint brush.
- Roaming Profiles: Fixed a bug that increased launch time for Windows users with no registry entry for the My Music folder.
Version 2.01 Release Notes
Release Date: 3/21/08
- Sound Recording: Added a sound recording preference to allow larger, higher-quality sound to be recorded.
- Export: Improved video export times by 75%.
- Export: Reduced disk space requirements for exporting video.
- Export: Changed default Presentation video export format on Windows to .MOV to improve video quality and file size and added a preference to allow users to override this setting and use AVI as the default.
- Localization: Spanish help is now installed locally.
- Tech4Learning.ini: Added a setting to turn on and off animated picture sorting in Share.
- Export: Fixed a bug that could cause Flash export to fail with multiple recorded sounds.
- Export: Fixed a bug that could cause the application to quit when saving a Podcast video.
- File Chooser: Fixed a bug that could cause the file chooser to fail on OS X 10.3.9.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when clicking the Start Over button.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when trying to use Ctrl+A to select all.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when pasting a copied selection.
- Error: Fixed a bug that could cause an error on launch.
- Sound: Fixed a bug that could cause Pixie to stop responding when using some MP3 files.
- Library: Fixed a bug that could cause the Stickers library to not display some folder icons.
- Preferences: Fixed a bug that could cause the Proxy server settings to not display correctly in the Preferences dialog.