Build Literacy with Creative Technology
A combination of focused activities and creative, open-ended technology projects can help you take a new approach to building literacy with your elementary students.
The Building Elementary Literacy with Technology guide provides articles, samples, and lessons to find new ideas and approaches that will work for your learners.
In the Building Elementary Literacy with Technology guide you will explore:
- Engaging new readers and writers with creative technologies
- Inspiring every student to be an author
- Motivating students by creating their own comics, cartoons, and graphic novels.
The guide includes lesson plans where:
- Students explore initial sounds through the creation of a classroom ABC book.
- Students learn to write using alliteration and create illustrations that support and reflect their writing.
- Students illustrate and translate the meaning of an idiom to help others learn these examples of figurative language.
- Students write and produce an animated tall tale about a famous person.
- Students explore character, plot, and theme and learn to write persuasively as they develop a movie-style trailer for a book they have read.
- Students learn persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Students learn about key elements of a fairy tale as they retell a fairy tale in modern times.
These articles, lessons, and strategies engage students through creative technology to maximize student literacy skills.